This versatile cookie recipe is really popular with so many of our customers! Since you have your choice of chocolate chips and sweeteners, these cookies can be as Keto and Paleo friendly as you want them to be! They are also egg free and can be made dairy free, too.
Using SunFlour, they will always be free of nuts, gluten & grains. And full of protein, healthy fats, fiber, and essential micronutrients.
You also have control of how you want to fill them. Your choice of ice cream will determine the final carb count. You can use dairy free ice cream if you prefer.
We suggest having fun and playing around with your favorite flavors!
Yield: 6-9 cookie sandwiches (depends on size you make them)
3 cups (1 bag) SunFlour
¾ cup low glycemic coconut palm sugar or sweetener of choice
¾ cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life non-dairy chips or your favorite keto chips)
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp sea salt (fine)
Optional: ½ cup chopped pecans
3 Tbsp non-dairy milk
6 Tbsp butter (or Nutiva coconut red palm oil shortening blend)
4½ tsp vanilla extract
your choice of ice cream
optional: extra chocolate chips to mix in or press to sides of ice cream
1. Mix together all dry ingredients (except for chocolate chips & pecans).
2. Soften butter (melt, but don’t clarify) then add milk and vanilla and blend.
3. Combine wet & dry ingredients (including chips & pecans) until a big ball forms.
4. Chill for 30 minutes in refrigerator (this is optional but leads to best results). Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Drop 1” or greater balls of chocolate chip cookie dough onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Make the cookies the size you prefer for your ice cream sandwich. (As a reference, a normal sized cookie would be 1/2″ ball.)
6. Press the cookie to the thickness desired using the back of a cup and parchment paper (more flat if you like them crisp; less flat for thicker, chewy cookies).
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes (based on the thickness and how crispy you like them).
8. Cool on baking rack for 15-20 minutes. Then, freeze the cookies.
9. Once they are fully frozen, stuff with ice cream of your choice (for dairy free, we like coconut ice cream). You can mix chips in it too or press them on the sides!
10.Freeze again before eating so it has a chance to set. Enjoy!
SunFlour Chocolate Chip Cookies are just as good after freezing as they are fresh! So, it is a lot of fun to make up a bunch of ice cream sandwiches and know you have them in the freezer for your next treat. This is a great strategy for families with food allergies!