*Keto *Low Carb *High Protein *Grain Free *Gluten Free *Nut Free
This beautiful and moist cake was a delicious accident, created when we were in a hurry and attempting to make lemon poppyseed scones in a skillet. Using the skillet instead of forming them individually as we do with most of our scone recipes is a faster way to go but the texture is slightly different….a bit more cake-like and you don’t get the browning on all sides. We really like scones both ways! Unless the skillet is small, making them in a standard sized skillet requires doubling a regular scone recipe. But we doubled the amount of eggs twice!
We loved the result! Just look at the moistness, the structure, and the beautiful browning!
This recipe is for our from-scratch bakers who want to make baked goods with SunFlour.
Yield: 10 slices (82g) *see macros below
4 cups SunFlour
6 Tbsp Bocha Sweet (or your favorite granular low glycemic sweetener)
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
For glaze: 1/4-1/3 cup of your favorite powdered zero calorie sweetener
4 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp heavy cream or coconut cream
2 Tbsp lemon juice
zest from 1 lemon
For glaze: zest of 1 lemon, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 2 Tbsp melted butter
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2) Whisk together dry ingredients.
3) Whisk together wet ingredients.
5) Combine dry and wet ingredients.
6) Pour batter into a greased cast-iron skillet and smooth out with spatula.
7) Bake 35 min or until lightly browned.
8) Remove to cooling rack and let cool before slicing and glazing.
1) Combine wet and dry ingredients
2) Mix until a soft icing or glaze forms.
3) Drizzle on semi-cooled finished cut piece of cake.
1 serving = 1 slice = 1/10 cake (82g)
6g net carbs (11.6g carbs – 5.6g fiber)
Download or print Keto Lemon Poppyseed SunFlour Cake recipe here:
Copyright Think.Eat.Live. Foods, 2020. All rights reserved.