*Low Carb *Gluten Free *High Protein *Nut Free
1½ “packed” cups SunFlour Pancake & Waffle Mix
½ tsp xanthan, locust bean or guar gum
2 Tbsp butter (or Nutiva coconut/red palm oil shortening for a non-dairy option)
1 cup sliced strawberries
¼-½ cup sorghum flour, pancake mix or other flour of your choice for use on cutting board surface
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a large bowl, mix the SunFlour Pancake & Waffle Mix, & xanthan.
3. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter. Or, pulse together with a food processor.
4. Whisk eggs and and then fold in until thick batter forms into a ball. Add sliced strawberries.
5. Drop scone batter onto a sorghum-floured cutting board or surface (or use pancake mix) and roll ball until covered with flour.
6. Flatten ball until it forms a 4-5” circle about 1” high. Cut into pie-shaped quarters.
7. Put quarter pieces onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake 18-20 minutes at 400 degrees until golden brown on top.
8. Cool on rack and drizzle with frosting if desired.
2 Tbsp melted butter
¼ cup strawberries
¼ cup coconut palm sugar (or erythritol-based powdered sugar)
1. Pulse or chop strawberries.
2. Melt butter and mix with the strawberries.
3. Pulse coconut palm sugar until fine powder forms (or just use an erythritol-based powdered sugar). Add sweetener in until frosting thickens.
Macros for SunFlour Strawberry Scones
1 serving = 1 scone (100g, 1/4 batch)
Each scone has:
18 g net carbs (23 g carbs -5 g fiber)
12.5 g protein
20 g fat
Macros for Strawberry Icing
1 serving = 16g (1/4 batch)
Each serving has:
<1 g net carbs (<1 g carbs – <1 g fiber)
<1 g protein
5 g fat
You might also love SunFlour Pumpkin Scones made from our Pancake Mix!
Need to be Keto or want to make this from scratch using SunFlour instead of a mix?
Whether you make it from scratch with SunFlour, or use our SunFlour-based mix, you are sure to love these scones!!!