Biscuit Recipe (yields 4 biscuits) *see macros below
1 1⁄4 cups SunFlour
2 tsp double acting baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 large egg
1⁄4 cup sour cream (or coconut yogurt for dairy free)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk SunFlour, baking powder and salt together. Sift for best results.
3. Cut butter into flour mixture with a food processor, pastry tool, or fork/knife, ensuring it is evenly distributed.
4. Mix egg and sour cream together.
5. Mix flour mixture and sour cream mixture together with a spatula.
6. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
7. Use large scoop to drop 4 rounded balls of biscuit dough.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit Sandwich Recipe
SunFlour biscuit, cut in half (serve warm or toasted)
Slice of cheddar cheese (or your favorite vegan cheese for dairy free)
Slice of Canadian bacon
1 large egg (as depicted, fried over hard)
1. Fry one large egg and slice of Canadian bacon
2. Layer slice of cheddar cheese, fried egg and Canadian bacon on bottom slice of the SunFlour biscuit
3. Place the top slice of the SunFlour biscuit on top of the sandwich and enjoy!
Want a super fast version? Use the 90 second keto SunFlour bread recipe in place of the biscuit.
Macros for SunFlour Biscuits
1 serving = 1 biscuit (67g)
Each biscuit has:
4 g net carbs (8.5 g carbs -4.5 g fiber)
12 g protein
23 g fat
Macros for Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit Sandwich
1 serving = 1 sandwich (190g)
Each serving has:
5g net carbs (10g carbs -5g fiber)
*Please note that the size of the SunFlour biscuit (and the resulting sandwich) is twice the size of a standard McDonald’s sandwich