Biscuit Recipe (yields 4 biscuits) *see macros below
1 1⁄4 cups SunFlour
2 tsp double acting baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 large egg
1⁄4 cup sour cream (or coconut yogurt for dairy free)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk SunFlour, baking powder and salt together. Sift for best results.
3. Cut butter into flour mixture with a food processor, pastry tool, or fork/knife, ensuring it is evenly distributed.
4. Mix egg and sour cream together.
5. Mix flour mixture and sour cream mixture together with a spatula.
6. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
7. Use large scoop to drop 4 rounded balls of biscuit dough.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.
Milk Gravy Recipe (yields 7 servings)
4 Tbsp SunFlour
1 1/2 Tbsp arrowroot
1 1⁄4 cups milk (or non-dairy alternative milk)
2 Tbsp butter
1⁄4 tsp black pepper
optional: 1/2 tsp salt
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Whisk SunFlour, arrowroot, and milk together in a cup until arrowroot dissolves (not clumpy).
3. Slowly pour into pan with butter and whisk together until it thickens. Add salt and pepper. Remove from stove.
4. Pour over open-faced SunFlour biscuits and enjoy!
Want your gravy dairy free?
Simply sub non-dairy milk for the milk and butter substitutes for the butter. Or, try our keto friendly SunFlour broth-based gravy recipe
Macros for SunFlour Biscuits
1 serving = 1 biscuit (67g)
Each biscuit has:
4 g net carbs (8.5 g carbs -4.5 g fiber)
Macros for Milk Gravy
1 serving = 1/2 cup
Each serving has:
3g net carbs (3.5g carbs -0.5g fiber)