This is the perfect choice for when you need a quick guilt-free and decadent dessert!
YIELDS: 4 mini lava cakes (for 4″ diameter bowls or cake pans)
- Follow the directions on the Think.Eat.Live. Brownie Mix bag for preparation of the brownie batter.
- Add two extra eggs to make a cake batter* (use egg substitute for vegan option);
- Spray 4″ diameter cake pan or bake-safe bowl liberally with oil spray.
- Fill 3/4 full with cake batter. To get the extra ‘lava’ and a more gooey chocolatey cake, add chocolate chips to the center before microwaving or baking. How much depends on how gooey and chocolatey you like things!)
- Microwave for 1 minute (Time could be a bit longer or shorter depending on your microwave and the size bowl/cake pan used. For the one minute version, use a pan or bowl approximately 4 inches in diameter). For more gooey cake, microwave for 45 seconds only. You may also bake the cake at 350 degrees F if preferred to microwaving.
- Once microwaved or baked, let cool for about 1 min then dump upside down on a plate and serve—naked, frosted** or with melted chocolate drizzled all over.
*For a less airy and more dense cake, eliminate the two extra eggs and just prepare the brownie mix batter per instructions. You may need to adjust microwave/baking time.
**Keeping it higher protein & low glycemic? Try our SunFlour Frosting Recipe!
Looking for a keto or made-from-scratch with SunFlour version? Use our Keto SunFlour Brownie Recipe in place of the Brownie Mix.