Yields: 8 meal-sized Muffins
1 bag SunFlour Muffin Mix
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Optional: ½ cup walnuts
3 large eggs
1 Tbsp melted butter or oil
½ cup non-dairy milk
100g (about 1.5-2 apples) diced into unpeeled ½” cubes
optional: 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix 1 bag SunFlour Muffin Mix and cinnamon.
3. In a smaller bowl, combine the following wet ingredients until thoroughly mixed (eggs, butter, milk, vanilla).
4. Fold in diced apples to the mixture.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry mix. Optional: add 1/2 cup walnuts. Stir with spatula until completely incorporated
6.Divide batter equally into 8 paper lined muffin tins (the muffin papers are important as they provide a structure for the batter to rise. Skipping them leads to flatter, more dense muffins).
7. Optional: For bakery finish & extra sweetness, sprinkle top with coconut palm sugar, turbinado sugar or streusel topping (see streusel topping recipe). Shown above is a dusting of cinnamon with a drip of melted butter and thinly sliced apple pieces fanned out on top.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.