Yields: 1 crust or 8-12 servings
3/4 cup SunFlour
1 1/4 cup arrowroot
4 Tbsp butter, cold
4 Tbsp palm shortening
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp xanthan
4 Tbsp applesauce
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large food processor, add the SunFlour, arrowroot, butter, shortening, salt, and xanthan. Process until dough begins to come together.
3. Add the applesauce and process until smooth dough forms.
4. Transfer dough to a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for two hours.
5. Line a flat surface with parchment paper. Place dough in the center and use hands to flatten out slightly.
6. Cover dough with a sheet of parchment paper.
7. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough to 1/8″ thickness. Remove top layer of parchment paper.
8. Spray a pie pan with non-stick cooking spray and invert over the pie dough. Using a cookie cutter or knife, trace a circular outline around the pie pan. Grab the parchment paper and flip pie pan over. Use the parchment paper to evenly line the pie crust up with the pie pan.
9. Remove parchment paper. Place in oven and bake until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and cool. Fill with SunFlour Pumpkin Pie Filling or your favorite filling and bake until done.