We love to serve our dumplings in vegetable broth and lots of veggies for a hearty meal in a bowl, but you can use almost any broth, soup or sauce you dream up!
No need for ‘another’ protein!
Yields: Approximately 50 dumplings for 2-3 quarts of soup
1 1/4 cups SunFlour
1 cup tapioca starch (+ additional ¼ cup tapioca starch for kneading dough)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp – 1 Tbsp of water
- Blend dry ingredients (SunFlour, tapioca, salt) together with whisk in a bowl.
- Add two eggs to dry ingredients and bring together with spatula until doughy. Add 1tsp to 1 Tbsp water as necessary to bring dough together into a ball.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit for 10 minutes to hydrate.
- Generously cover cutting board with additional tapioca starch. Drop dough on tapioca-covered cutting board and cover top of dough with tapioca starch. Knead dough with hands, working in tapioca starch until dough is no longer sticky. Add additional tapioca starch if needed.
- Flatten out dough with hands and cover with additional tapioca. Cover top of dough with plastic wrap and roll out with rolling pin to about 1/8” thickness. (Can do ¼” if you want thicker dumpling). Should be about a 12”-14” x 8” rectangle.
- Remove top layer of plastic. Cut dough into ½” – 1” wide x 1” – 2” long strips.
- Drop dumplings into boiling pot of soup broth. When dumplings float they are done. Typically 2-3 minutes. Add to your favorite soup or sauce!