We’ve partnered with our friends at Core and Rind to make these delicious and nutrient-packed Cheesy SunFlour Veggie Balls. They’re low carb, gluten free, plant-powered and perfect for a quick weeknight meal. Enjoy!
|*Keto *Low Carb *Gluten Free *Nut Free *Vegan|
Ingredients (see macros below)
1 ¼ cups SunFlour
¼ cup cooked quinoa (omit this for keto & paleo friendly version)
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp garlic
¼ tsp cumin
1 egg or chia egg (1/4 c veggie broth/water + 2 tsp chia seeds)*
Cashew Cheesy Sauce for topping (for those with nut allergies, use your favorite dairy or non-dairy cheese)
Optional: Add ¼ to ½ cup chopped vegetables for color, taste & texture
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In large bowl, mix egg, SunFlour, quinoa and spices together.
- Optional: Add in chopped veggies for color, texture and taste variation
- Roll 1” balls of mixture in palm of hand until they feel firm and packed tightly
- Bake at 425 on cookie sheet or baguette pan lined with parchment paper until golden brown, about 20 minutes, turning after 12 minutes to increase browning (or, pan fry in olive oil 5 min per side in med heat)
- Serve over bed of hot or cold zucchini noodles, top with Cashew Cheesy sauce and enjoy!
*To make chia egg: mix broth and chia together and let stand for 5 minutes
Macros for Veggie Balls (without Quinoa)
1 veggie ball (30g) = 1.5 net carbs (3.5g carbs – 2g fiber), 5g protein, 7.5g fat, 107 calories