25% more protein than meat!
Yields: 4-6 burgers
Use whatever vegetables are your favorites! We’ve used kale, broccoli, spinach, carrot, you name it! Here is one variation we like:
½ yellow onion, peeled
2 carrots, peeled
4 celery stalks, trimmed
½ cup chopped kale or spinach
2 cups SunFlour
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
2 small eggs (whisked)
1 Tbsp olive oil (use only if you bake vs. pan fry)
1. Roughly chop vegetables & place into large bowl.
2. Add the whisked eggs, SunFlour, salt, and pepper and olive oil. Mix to combine.
3. Using ½ cup of the burger mixture, form burgers with a 4-inch diameter.
4. Fill the bottom of a large skillet with about 1/8” olive oil. Turn heat on medium setting and when the oil is hot, sear burgers for 5 minutes on each side OR, bake burgers on parchment lined baking sheet at 400 degrees for 15 minutes total (flip after 10 min. for even browning).
6. Serve on with your favorite toppings on SunFlour Focaccia Buns (shown above), on red leaf lettuce pieces (shown below) or however you like!