Yield: 12 high protein/low carb cookies
1 cup of SunFlour
1/4 cup coconut palm sugar or your favorite sweetener
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup peanut butter or sunflower seed butter
2 Tbsp coconut palm/red palm shortening (Nutiva) or softened butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
optional: 1Tbsp non-dairy or dairy milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix SunFlour, coconut palm sugar, baking powder and sea salt together.
3. Mix peanut or sunflower seed butter, coconut palm shortening and vanilla
4. Combine dry and wet ingredients until a dough is formed. If dough is crumbly still, add 1 Tbsp of non-dairy milk
5. Take one Tbsp of dough and roll into a ball, about 1” in diameter. Should make 12 dough balls.
6. Place cookie dough balls on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and press down with an oiled fork in a criss-cross manner.
7. Bake for 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees
8. Let cool for 10 minutes on cookie sheet before moving, or they’ll crumble
9. Cool on baker rack for 15 minutes. Freeze what you don’t eat! They will last for weeks and easily thaw with no change in taste or texture.