Yield: 18-24 cookies
3 cups (1 bag) SunFlour
¾ cup low glycemic coconut palm sugar or sweetener of choice
¾ cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life non-dairy chips or your favorite keto chips)
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp sea salt (fine)
Optional: ½ cup chopped pecans
3 Tbsp non-dairy milk
6 Tbsp butter (or Nutiva coconut red palm oil shortening blend)
4½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix together all dry ingredients (except for chocolate chips & pecans).
2. Soften butter (melt, but don’t clarify) then add milk and vanilla and blend
3. Combine wet & dry ingredients (including chips & pecans) until a big ball forms
4. Chill for 30 minutes in refrigerator – preheat oven to 350 degrees
5. Drop 1” balls of chocolate chip cookie dough onto parchment lined cookie sheet (flatten if you like them crisp; leave in ball for thicker, chewy cookies); it should make 18-24 cookies depending on big you make them
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes (based on how crispy you like them)
7. Cool on baking rack for 15-20 minutes and Enjoy!
Storage: freeze whatever you don’t eat right away. They last really well and come to room temperature in minutes so you can make them ahead of time and enjoy as needed
Mary Dudley says
can the non-dairy milk used in this recipe include coconut milk or almond milk
Yes, those can work fine.