2 biscotti (approximately 3 oz) provides you with 14-15g of protein, enough for healthy breakfast. That’s right… you get to eat TWO!
- Follow SunPower Bar recipe on the bag to make the dough; you can also use butter instead of sunflower seed butter
- Dust dough with rice flour or other flour to make it easy to handle. Also lightly dust a cutting board for rolling out the dough.
- Roll out dough to about a 2 inch diameter by 8-10” log.
- Transfer log to a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Pat down the log to about a 1” tall by 3-4” wide rectangular loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until the loaf is firm and is a golden brown.
- Cool loaf on cooling rack for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice loaf with serrated knife into about ½ to 1” wide biscotti slices.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes per side at 350 degrees. They should feel hard like a cracker or typical biscotti.
- Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes.
- Depending on flavor you prefer, add ½ tsp vanilla or orange extract (or both for vanilla cream flavor) to the dough.
- Dip one end of finished biscotti in “dipping chocolate” and cool in freezer for to make chocolate biscotti (see below)