4 acorn (or delicato) squash
½ cup yellow onion, diced
3/4 cup carrots, diced
3/4 cup celery, diced
2 cups SunFlour
½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
1½ Tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp Herbs de Provence (includes thyme, savory, rosemary, tarragon & basil)
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
½ Tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to Bake 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds. Discard seeds.
- Place squash on parchment paper on baking sheet pan, face down. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While squash is baking, whisk the broth and chia seeds together in large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat until hot, about 2 minutes. Add olive oil and heat for an additional minute.
- Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the carrots and celery and saute until softened, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the SunFlour to the broth and chia mixture. Stir in the herbs and spices. Fold in the sautéed vegetables. Set aside.
- Once squash has cooked, carefully remove from pan in oven and turn squash over, using tongs.
- Fill squash with even amounts of stuffing.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve as is or with SunFlour Gravy on top. Enjoy!